Cybermogul Dolls Logo

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thank you!

The woman in line ahead of me at the post office was looking for the unemployment office. “They’ve move, no one was there. They didn’t even leave a note or a sign. Do you know where the new office is?” I shook my head, “No, sorry I don’t know.”

I still don’t know where the local unemployment office is and at the risk of sounding smug, I hope it stays that way. Because I am self employed: What my father would have called chief cook and bottle washer. And I am so grateful. So very grateful that in this economy, in these days of expiring unemployment benefits and double digit unemployment rates I can make my own way doing something that I absolutely love.


But the truth is, I don’t do it alone. I keep my head above water because Diane, quite likely the very best layaway customer I have ever had, sends her monthly payment like clockwork. I can play with dolls for a living because Michelle and Kathy and Gladys and Margery have my Ruby Lane shop bookmarked as a favorite, watch for new listings and buy when they can. Sometimes the purchase is only $10 - $25 now, but they have been with me as customers for a long time and when things turn around, so will their buying strength. Thank you, ladies!

A big thank you, too, to my fellow shop owners who have encouraged me, helped me and shared in the spirit of free trade! And let’s face it, a bit of competition makes us all better. Your expertise and photography inspires me!

Many of you started as customers and have become special friends – thank you Barb and Lorrie!

I appreciate each and every one of you who have purchased from me in the past four years. I am a Platinum level Ruby Lane shop because of you. If I have neglected to mention your first name in these accolades, it is only because you are so well known in our industry to do so would risk confidentially. But you know who you are – thank you!

My wonderful consignors! What would I do without you? Thank you for trusting me with your collections, for giving me the opportunity to work with some of the most fabulous people and incredible dolls of my career. I know these are difficult times for some of you – I, too, have sold my dolls to pay bills.

All of you need to know how blessed I feel each and every day that of all the options, the venues and other sellers you had available to you, you chose me. Because of you and a million other small miracles, I wear flip flops instead of heels, my morning commute is about 10 steps to my office and I love 99.99% of every minute of my day! Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment